Because volunteering, giving something back, allows you to experience your humanity in relationship to the human experience of others to help you tell a tale.
- ran the school clock for basketball games.
- High School student activities by their nature are voluntary and can be discovered when you find my yearbook.
- answered phones for a hotline.
- manned many different posts during road races.
- together with my wife, manned the eight/thirty-two mile checkpoints for the Uwharrie 8/20/40 mile runs each February for five years.
- College student activities by their nature are voluntary and can be discovered when you find my yearbook, but include: dj, business manager, and general manager of WNTE; reporter and editor for my college newspaper; clerk of course for my college cross country team; student senator; yada, yada, yada.
- did support work for public radio and local access television.
- reader for the Radio Reading service.
- ticket taker for various local plays.
- Treasurer for my HOA.
- Secretary and treasurer for the Sing-AA-Long choir.
- Secretary and treasurer for the Joy Recorder Ensemble.
Return to top of this page.
Return to the About page.